[duxuser] Question about forms

  • From: "Deborah Barnes" <dbarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:35:25 -0500

Hi everyone,

I just have a question, maybe mainly for those who read Braille, but it is
Duxbury-related.

I'm filling out a form that has name, address, etc.  The print form has
Name:  then a line that translates, of course, into dots 46 ... grrrr!!!
Then it has Address:  (same kind of line) etc.  My question is this:  if a
Braille reader wants to fill out that form, is the line a nuisance.  You
have to skip past all the dot 46's, whether they're translated as dots 36 or
25's or whatever, before you can fill out the form.  So as a Braille reader,
would you rather have a short line of (whatever characters) and then lots of
room to write or do you prefer the lines of characters.  Personally, I like
not to have the characters at all.  But I'm just looking for opinions.

This form is a form that will be filled out by people with varying levels of
Braille skills,and we're hoping to be able to make it accessible on line,
too, so anyone can fill out the form who needs to.

Anyway, I just wanted some opinions and anyone can write me off list if
needed.

Re Duxbury, the replace feature definitely comes in handy here.

Deb B.