[duxuser] Re: Polish Braille

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 06:33:03 -0400

Polish?

DBT handles about 130 languages! Of course we do Polish, plus Mongolian, Turkmen, Bengali, and Lao ...

For Duxbury Staff, DBT dealers, and enthusiastic DBT users, I have set up a web page to assist someone to quickly show that DBT handles many, many languages.

http://www.duxburysystems.com/samples.htm

One of the nice things is this illustrates the use of a web URL directly entered into DBT's open file prompt.

As an aside, I will note that one of the easiest sources of text in different languages is newpapers provided in different languages. The problem from my view is the content. I would like to use samples without any possibly disturbing material. That is why most of the samples I have here are Wikipedia articles about growing apples (the fruit, not the company).

Hopefully, with this web page people can quickly test and demonstrate DBT's amazing language abilities for dozens of languages.

-- David Holladay
Duxbury Systems

At 10:11 PM 5/29/2012, you wrote:
Hi All: I would like to know if Duxbury can translate a document in to Polish Braille? If so, how do I make this happen? Also, does anyone know where I can obtain a book illustrating the Polish Braille alphabet and Polish accent marks and or symbols? I have DBT11.1 and Romeo Pro 50. Thanks in advance for your help.
Vivian

* Duxbury Systems' web site is www.duxburysystems.com