[duxuser] Re: New user needs basics

  • From: "Terri Pannett" <pann1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:25:09 -0800

Dear Ray,

Duxbury uses different commands than the other word processors.  There is a
tutorial in the help menu and all of the help menu is excellent.  You can
also use the alt key to access the menu bar and explore each menu and play
around.

Duxbury will automatically translate paragraphs correctly.  But for some
reason unknown to me, it offen interprets ASCII text documents as poetry.
But the poem code can be deleted.

Actually, centering text is simple.  Place your cursor at the beginning of
the text to be centered.  Press f8 to bring up the styles list.  press h.
That should bring you to the heading style.  Press enter.  Your text will be
centered like a heading.  You don't have the highlight anything to get the
style to work.

Duxbury is my main word processor.  This PC didn't come with a good word
processor.  I feel more comfortable using DBT than anything else.

Best wishes,

Terri Pannett, Amateur Radio call sign KF6CA.  Army MARS call sign AAT9PX,
California