[duxuser] Re: Importing WordPerfect tables how can I?

  • From: "Lynn Carroll" <lynnc@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:26:40 -0700

Dale,
I think the easiest way to deal with something like this is to edit the
.dxp file after importing.  In this case, you could simply delete the X
before the name, add it in after the name (with a space), and add a line
break codes [l] before the next name.  A transcriber's note could be
added explaining that an X after the name means ...

I don't know if there's a way to eliminate the line break step by doing
something in WP. I know that in Word, a table can be converted to
"text", with no formatting except that tabs are added between columns
and line breaks at the end of rows.  Maybe someone knows if there is a
similar function in WP.

This probably isn't much help, but since no one else seemed to have a
ready answer, I thought I'd put in 2 cents.
Lynn