[duxuser] Re: German

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 20:47:52 +0100

Hi Liz,

I could well be wrong, but I don't think a slashed letter o
belongs in the German alphabet, though it exists in Danish
and Norwegian.

To confuse things, some languages use this character in
place of the oe diphthong, and indeed if you Google for
Køster, it brings up many Koesters.

Are you able to be more specific in terms of context?  Is
the text perhaps referring to a non-German name?