[duxuser] Re: Duxbury braille translation software for beginning teachers

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 09:22:08 -0400

Raymond:

I did not address your request for a list of keyboard shortcuts.

If you go to the DBT Help, the last section of "Welcome to DBT" is in fact keyboard shortcuts.

The DBT Help file is available on the web (to facilitate Google Translate)
http://www.duxburysystems.com/documentation/dbt11.1/index.htm

Here is the direct link to the Keyboard shortcuts:
http://www.duxburysystems.com/documentation/dbt11.1/welcome_to_DBT/keyboard_shortcuts.htm

-- David Holladay
Duxbury Systems

At 11:02 PM 5/3/2012, you wrote:

I would also love a tutorial especially with a key command list attached.

Raymond Bishop,  AC0XW
Philippians 4:6-7

**** Be kind to your email friends. If you forward this, please remove all
previous addresses before you send it on and use the BCC area when
forwarding to several friends. ****

From: Reid, Marcia <Marcia_Reid@xxxxxxxxxx>
teachers
To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, April 28, 2012, 4:43 PM

That tutorial idea sounds awesome. I would love it as I know I could learn
lots of tricks and new ideas to use. Right now I just do the basics.

Marci Reid
Teacher for Blind/Visually Impaired
Denver Public Schools
720-424-5757

Marcia_reid@xxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc837.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=Marcia_reid@xxxxxxxxxx>

"There is a wonder in reading Braille that the sighted will never know: to
touch words and have them touch you back."
-Jim Fiebig

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is
information.  If you have received this communication in error, please
immediately notify the sender by e-mail, and delete the original message.
In addition, if you have received this in error, please do not review,
distribute, or copy the message.  Thank you for your cooperation.

From: duxuser-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc837.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=duxuser-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
[duxuser-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc837.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=duxuser-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
] on behalf of Pat Ferguson [pat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc837.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=pat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
t> ]
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2012 7:41 AM
To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc837.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
teachers

Hi Everyone,

I would also like a tutorial for beginers with Duxbury. I used the DOS
version years ago in the 90's, and I love the Windows version, but I still
don't feel quite  as comfortable. I've had some problems with documents, but
I'll go into that in another email. <smile>

I also don't care for the help structure, and I guess I don't quite get it
yet. I'm trying, though. <smile>

I do hope that you great folks at Duxbury Systems can provide us with an
up-to-date tutorial. This will help a lot.

Thanks so much for a great program.

Blessings,

Pat Ferguson

At 04:16 AM 4/28/2012, you wrote:
>Top of the morning to you all:
>
>I am looking for an American tutorial for beginning teachers on using
>the Duxbury braille translation software. I found an extremely good one
>from Australia and New Zealand, which our eminent George Bell assisted
>in putting together.
>
>However, one tutorial I found that is U.S.-based is very old, and has
>lots of inconsistencies.
>
>I am looking for something much more robust than the Help Guide, and is
>also free to users.
>
>I would appreciate any leads. Cheers,
>
>Paul

If you have any additional questions, or need any assistance, please do not
hesitate to contact us via phone during our business hours, or by email any
time.
Thank you very much.
Kind Regards,
Pat Ferguson
v/p Marketing and Sales
Ferguson Technologies, Inc.
205 Joliet Ave., S. E.
Suite 101
De Smet, SD. 57231-2411
Phone: 605-854-9280
Email: sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc837.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=sales@fergusontechnologiesinc.
net>
web sites: http://www.fergusontechnologiesinc.net
<http://www.fergusontechnologiesinc.net/>
http://www.scanacan.com <http://www.scanacan.com/> Olympus Recorders,
Window-Eyes, GoBibles, tech support on all products we carry, custom built
computers and more. We
specialize in the best and                         most affordable
products for you.

* as the subject to duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://us.mc837.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
. You may also