[duxuser] Re: Braillegraf .brg image format

  • From: "Pentronics" <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:18:03 +1000

Things may have changed but a BRG, (BRaille Graphic), file was originally developed by myself in conjunction with Optek Systems for a DOS program called Picture Braille. These files were compatible with Duxbury and I believe are the BRG files that Duxbury refers to. Unless the Brailletec file format is identical to mine or Duxbury have made changes, then it is highly unlikely that they will load into Duxbury.

A Windows version of Picture Braille does exist that provides immediate conversion to a braille embosser compatible dot format for all common Windows graphic formats, cut and paste form graphics programs and direct scanner support. At this time it is still unreleased as it requires some more work to provide support for embossers from manufacturers other than Index. Unfortunately, availability of time has delayed this work. It is hoped that the Windows version of Picture Braille will be available sometime soon.

Nigel Herring
Pentronics
Unit 3, 76 Regentville Road
Penrith, NSW 2750