[duxuser] Re: Braille page numbers

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 16:43:00 -0400

Tina:

There are many, many changes in the new Formats. Indexes, Lists, Tables of Contents, etc., etc. are all formatted in a new way.
At Duxbury Systems, we are addressing this in the following sequence:
1) Working on core support for the new functions
(when that is done)
2) Working on new DBT Templates and Word Templates that help use these new DBT functions
(when that is done and tested)
3) Documenting how a Braille Transcriber needs to change their data entry to support the new rules
(when that is done, tested, and approved by key braille transcribers)
4) Then we will roll out with new materials to support the new rules.

Feel free to experiment, but what every you work out will be different than what we will release. If you (or anyone else) has concerns that we may not understand the significance of a new rules, they can e-mail us.

The key developers are Peter, Caryn, and David; our e-mails are our first names with @duxsys.com

I would recommend contacting David or Caryn, since Peter is in his private cave doing most of the real work. We will relay new information to Peter.

I want to assure everyone that we are working hard on this, taking it seriously, and are determined to do it right. Braille transcribers have a year to start to fold in the new material. Please do not panic.
You are not being asked to figure out this mass of new rules for yourselves.
Of course you should read them and understand them; but you are not being asked to work out how to get your existing DBT to support the new rules.
We are working hard to support your work.

-- David Holladay
Duxbury Systems

At 04:22 PM 5/4/2012, you wrote:
So I have been trying to follow the new Braille Formats by using the "t" for my transcriber-generated pages and the "p" for the preliminary print page #'s. My question is: Why doesn't the "p" #'s start at p1 when I set it to start at p1. The code I am using is [pv~][pv~p1][pnta] is this correct?
So the [pv~] to stop the "t" #'s and the [pv~p1][pnta] to start the "p" #'s.

By the way I am using 11.1 sr4.

Thanks for your help.

Tina

* Duxbury Systems' web site is www.duxburysystems.com