[duxuser] Re: Bana Nemeth Template

  • From: "Caryn Navy" <caryn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 11:33:21 -0400

Dear Tina,

When you are using the BANA-Nemeth template in DBT, you’ll get the translation
you want for XABC provided it’s part of a segment marked as “technical
notation.” To mark something as technical notation, highlight it, and under
Layout menu – Math codes, select Technical notation. If you view the material
in the Coded view, you’ll see this material enclosed between the [ts] code
(Technical notation start) and the [te] code (Technical notation end).

The BANA-Nemeth template places a [tcs] code (Technical context) at the
beginning of the document. That does some things throughout the document, like
using Nemeth Code numbers and grouping signs. But some other things, like use
of the capital indicators you described, happen only within Technical notation.
Note that when you open a file from Scientific Notebook or a Word document
using MathType, anything marked as math notation in the original file is
automatically marked as Technical notation in DBT.

All the best,
Caryn