[duxuser] Re: And translation

  • From: "Eileen Misrahi" <eileenmis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 09:46:53 -0700

Hi Julie,

One thing that sticks in my brain especially when using the slash/fraction
sign is how it would look in print. This was the main concept stated
throughout the BANA 2007 update. I don't know if this will help, but it does
when I am providing braille training. There were some changes made with the
use of using the apostrophe when writing years if the apostrophe was used or
not used in the print version. When a date is written on a single line and
the slash is used, the proper contraction is a two cell one of dots 4-5-6;
dots 3-4. I hope I am making some sense. The example is 5/23/12 where the
two cell contraction of the slash is used and then followed by the number
sign before placing the date or year. HTH.

Eileen