[duxuser] Re: About Hard Space Code.

  • From: Betsy Whitney <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 18:56:54 -1000

I've had this problem with the hard space not being recognized in Find or in Find and Replace also.

My solution was to highlight the hard space code, copy it to my clipboard, then open the Find or Find and Replace dialog and paste it in from the clipboard. It worked like a charm.
At 02:30 PM 4/19/2006, you wrote:
Hello,

I discover that a .dxb file saved in dbt10.3 in windows 95 contains paragraphs starting with a blank space. That means, each paragraph starts in the second cell though only the line code [<] was used. Our transcribers do not usually apply any form of style. They simply press enter when they want to start a new paragraph.

In the vode view the hard space code ['] appears after each new line [<] code. I tried to remove the hard space code from the find and replace submenu. But the hard space code ['] is not at all recognised by this submenu. Nor is it recognised by the find dialogue box.

One solution is, however, possible. I can replace "[<]" with "[<] "; it just sets each paragraph at the second cell. But the solution does not satisfy me. The code view shows a new line code, then a space and then the hard space code. It is, however, removed by backspace.

I want to remove the hard space ['] code and replace it with two spaces. Please help. I am currently using dbt 10.4 on windows 98.

Best regards,
Amiyo.

Cell: 9433464329