[duxuser] Re: 8-dot Braille

  • From: Tom Whalen <ptkt3860@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 07:47:36 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the info George. You seem to be the Duxbury Guru, do you have any
ideas on how to fix the following problem? I'm currently taking a class from
Carroll Tech on using the Duxbury Braille Translator. Although I have used
Duxbury for 4 years, there still is a lot I don't know. I'm working on a
lesson, which involves using the word importer under the global menu. This is
supposed to allow the reference page numbers from one of their downloaded files
to appear in Duxbury. After I checked the make page break box, when I try and
open the document I get an error message that says, "Unable to create page map.
Print page breaks will not be marked." I was told that the first time I tried
this Duxbury would bring up  MS Word and I would have to enable macros, This
never happened, although a previous user could have enabled this, therefore I
would not see it again.

  Thanks in advance,
  Tom

George Bell <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just to expand a little on this topic, 8 dot braille is
indeed more commonly used with braille displays, although a
number of European country users particularly do emboss hard
copy.

There is a detailed explanation at http://8dotbraille.com
and a Google search for "8 dot braille" will provide more
sources of information.

* unsubscribe
* as the subject to . You may also
* options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive