[duxuser] Re: 8-dot Braille

  • From: pann1 <pann1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tom Whalen <ptkt3860@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:12:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Tom,

I'm not George, but I have a suggestion.  Open the document using Word and
make sure page numbering is turned on.  I think page numbering needs to be
active in the Word document before the Duxbury feature will work.  Now,
open the file again with DBT using the Textobbk format template and the
print page numbers should be marked.

Terri, Amateur Radio call sign, KF6CA.  Army MARS call sign, AAT9PX
California

On Fri, 16 Jun 2006, Tom Whalen wrote:

Thanks for the info George. You seem to be the Duxbury Guru, do you have any
ideas on how to fix the following problem? I'm currently taking a class from
Carroll Tech on using the Duxbury Braille Translator. Although I have used
Duxbury for 4 years, there still is a lot I don't know. I'm working on a
lesson, which involves using the word importer under the global menu. This is
supposed to allow the reference page numbers from one of their downloaded files
to appear in Duxbury. After I checked the make page break box, when I try and
open the document I get an error message that says, "Unable to create page map.
Print page breaks will not be marked." I was told that the first time I tried
this Duxbury would bring up  MS Word and I would have to enable macros, This
never happened, although a previous user could have enabled this, therefore I
would not see it again.

  Thanks in advance,
  Tom

George Bell <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just to expand a little on this topic, 8 dot braille is
indeed more commonly used with braille displays, although a
number of European country users particularly do emboss hard
copy.

There is a detailed explanation at http://8dotbraille.com
and a Google search for "8 dot braille" will provide more
sources of information.

* unsubscribe
* as the subject to . You may also
* options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive