[duxhelp] Re: handing of numbered lists in documents

  • From: "David Spybey" <dspybey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 09:33:59 +0100

Peter
The file that caused the problem is attached. However I need to amend
what I have said slightly.
I used Word2Tex, as I usually do, to change the file into a .tex file
that SN will read. I did not check the SN file before using DBT and got
the result I mentioned. Looking more closely at the WORD original the A
was italic not the closing bracket. In SN this came out as the opening
bracket in text the A and the closing bracket in Math and hence the
result I got in DBT. I should have spotted this fact so apologies for
giving a false impression of the problem.
I was going into SN because of all the mathematics that was in the WORD
file in MathType and the route I follow gets that into reasonable
braille mathematics. However, if you ignore the mathematics issues and
just got straight into DBT from the files I have attached the The
results of going straight into DBT
The version with (A) in bold gives
And the version witgh (A) in non bold gives
.7.,a.17.'
Whereas I would expect (A) to be
7;,a7
as happens in other files. So there must be something rather peculiar
about the two WORD files that I have attached. I have looked at them but
cannot see what would cause such peculiar results.

David