[duxhelp] Re: [folds] code

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:37:22 -0500

George,

Possibly that would make sense.

However, here are a couple of potential pitfalls with that approach, if the
line numbers are in fact embedded in the folds code:
1. We might have a hard time keeping that backward-compatible with what is
already in DBT 10.5, and
2. It might not be satisfactory if the user changes the number of lines in
the document.

Neither of these objections is particularly a big deal, but we'll have to
reflect on them nevertheless.

We're just trying to think ahead before diving into a coding exercise.