[duxhelp] Re: find within a block of text

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 10:50:12 +0100

Hi Christine,

I see Peter has a handle on things now, so we can expect progress.

Search and Replace has been enhanced for 10.5, but as Peter indicates,
this feature does need a good thrashing.  [Everyone please note!]

Speaking as a UK producer, probably our biggest single criticism here is
that there is not facility to allow you to, "search the remainder of the
document".  You have to remember to do a backward search, making it a
two stage process.

It is quite common to pick up an error in the middle of a document, and
want to do Replace right away.  Hence, with a default forward search,
first, having reached the end of the document, I want to be prompted to
search the remainder, and second, I want to be back where I started.

It's a potentially emotive topic, but my personal criteria would be for
it to work as closely to the way Word's S&R works as practical.