[duxhelp] Re: degrees centigrade in the British code

  • From: "David Spybey" <dspybey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 16:22:20 +0100

In Word writing degrees centigrade with the degrees sign is not simple.
A symbol for the degrees sign has to be imported from symbols (though
there may be another way that I do not use). DBT does not deal with this
correctly, eg word file attached. Is there another version of the
degrees sign which DBTR does work with?

David Spybey

From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 4:34 AM

To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

documents

Peter

The file that caused the problem is attached. However I need

to amend what I

have said slightly.

I used Word2Tex, as I usually do, to change the file into a

.tex file that

SN will read. I did not check the SN file before using DBT

and got the

result I mentioned. Looking more closely at the WORD

original the A was

italic not the closing bracket. In SN this came out as the

opening bracket

in text the A and the closing bracket in Math and hence the

result I got in

DBT. I should have spotted this fact so apologies for giving

a false

impression of the problem.

I was going into SN because of all the mathematics that was

in the WORD file

in MathType and the route I follow gets that into reasonable

braille

mathematics. However, if you ignore the mathematics issues

and just got

straight into DBT from the files I have attached the The

results of going

straight into DBT

The version with (A) in bold gives

7..,a.'.17.'

And the version witgh (A) in non bold gives

.7.,a.17.'

Whereas I would expect (A) to be

7;,a7

as happens in other files. So there must be something rather

peculiar about

the two WORD files that I have attached. I have looked at

them but cannot

see what would cause such peculiar results.

David

From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 3:02 AM

To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

documents

Peter

It is strange how mistakes show up errors!

I have just had

(A)

translated as

7,a>

rather than 7,a7

I could not understand why until I realised that the closing

bracket was in

italics by mistake. However I am not sure why DBT translated

this as it did.

David Spybey

* as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may

also

* subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other

subscription

* options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The list

archive

* as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may

also

* subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other

subscription

* options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The list

archive

* * * <<Brackets file.doc>> <<Brackets file non bold.doc>>