[duxhelp] Re: degree signs

  • From: "Jack Maartman" <jmaartman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 13:21:26 -0700

Excuse my impertinence:

I hope it is germaine to ask what the situation with capitalization in the
U.K.  I have read that capitals have been adopted but have seldom found a
text that uses them. I am totally non-partisan on this issue, in fact, apart
from formatting, e.g. BAUK textbook breaks, etc and the use of the
number-sign as a separator character in numbers, which, by the way is a
practice I am rather fond of, I scarcely know the difference between the two
systems. I am a staunch supporter of Unified English Braille, whatever its
fianal form.  I need to ammend the lapses in my knowledge.

Cheers

Jack