[duxhelp] Re: Workstations that share an Activation installation

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:36:12 -0400

Bob,

I develop the MSI package, so I run into these mysterious "installation
interrupted" problems quite frequently -- generally due to errors that never
make it into the code that you wind up running.

There isn't any way I know to diagnose this sort of problem without more
information.  Fortunately, it is easy to get more information.  From a
command prompt, give the following command:

msiexec /i dbt-1006beta6.msi /L*v install.log

This will run an installation just as before, but will log some details to a
file called install.log.  If you send that file to me after you've clicked
the "Finish" button, then I can generally figure out what's going on.