[duxhelp] Workstations that share an Activation installation

  • From: "Gates, Robert, A" <RGates@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:21:55 -0700

I just attempted to install the new Beta 6 and found I can't get
installation method to work for me.  To be honest the only Beta I have
installed to date previously was Beta 1.  With Beta 1 I was able to make
the "Workstations that share an activation" method work.  Now that I am
trying to install in a new location with the new server image created
with msiexec /a it starts the installation gets most of the way through
and then fails with an installation interrupted error.  I am not sure if
I am doing something different, or if something has changed, or if I am
just having a "stupid day" and am overlooking something.  I have tried
the instructions over and over again.

I have used the DNS name and IP number of the Server with no luck.

Thanks,

Bob

Robert A. Gates

AT/IT Coordinator

AZ DES Rehab Services Admin

602.364.1800

NOTICE: This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain PRIVILEGED OR
CONFIDENTIAL information and is intended only for the use of the specific
individual(s) to whom it is addressed.  It may contain information that is
privileged and confidential under state and federal law.  This information may
be used or disclosed only in accordance with law, and you may be subject to
penalties under law for improper use or further disclosure of the information
in this e-mail and its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error,
please immediately notify the person named above by reply e-mail, and then
delete the original e-mail.  Thank you.