[duxhelp] Re: UK Rules & Numbers

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 16:10:49 -0400

George,

Such a module does provide the obvious answer.  In fact, we had such a thing
a long while ago, for use principally with French braille.

The truth is that its simply not possible to offer a program that always
gets everything right automatically.  We tend to err on the side of doing
little that is automated, allowing users to control the braille quite
directly where possible, and leaving them a lot of "do" for the translator
but relatively little to "undo".