[duxhelp] The BANA template creates new paragraphs when reference page numbers appear mid-page

  • From: "Joanmarie Diggs" <joanmarie.diggs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:07:30 -0400

Hi All.   Someone pointed out a couple of issues to me in 10.5 that are also
present in 10.6, so I am passing them along.   Here is the first issue:

When the BANA template is being used, when reference page numbers are
present, and when a reference page number appears in the middle of the page,
the text that follows that reference page number is formatted as a new
paragraph (i.e. the first line is indented) even if that text is not the
start of a new paragraph.  As evidence, several screen shots:

This first screen shot is from Word.  I copied and pasted the sentence "Here
is a paragraph." 12 times to create a paragraph.  Then I copied and pasted
my paragraph until it caused a soft page break to appear.  All of the text
is formatted in the Body Text style.

When I imported my document into Duxbury using its BANA template, the text
that follows the reference page break is indented as can be seen in this
screen shot of the print:

And, not surprisingly, it is present in the braille as well, as can be seen
in this screen shot:

Take care.
Joanie

JPEG image