[duxhelp] Re: Templates

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 16:18:53 +0100

As a matter of fact, Jack, that is exactly what I
mean.   Not all of them, but enough to make it a
very serious worry.

Besides as I am sure you know yourself, it has
more or less become an accepted practice in
computing to warn a user if a file is to be
overwritten.

Of Jack Maartman
> Sent: 22 July 2004 13:25
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Templates
>
> This doesn't mean that you can accidentally
overwrite one of
> the default templates, does it?
>
> Jack

for
> example, you can now set up a letter heading.
>
> However.....
>
> 1) As of today's autobuild, you can still save a
> Template called "Untitled Template".  I believe
we
> should be given a warning that says words to the
> effect of, "You have not given your Template a
> proper name!"
>
> 2) Moreover, you can still save a Template with
> (some?) existing Template names, including the
> above, and NOT be asked if you want to replace
the
> existing Template.
>
> 3) Additionally, when you do try to save using
the
> same name as a "protected" Template (such as
> "Standard Format"), the error is confusingly,
> "Error opening new Template file."  I believe
> again it should be something like, "Hey dummy!
> You can't use that name!"
>
> George.
>
> * * *
> * This message is via list duxhelp at
freelists.org.
<duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also
> * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode
and other subscription
> * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.
The list archive
http://www.duxburysystems.com