[duxhelp] Re: Slow display with 10.5 and 10.6

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 10:45:13 -0400

Hello Yves,

This is indeed good news.

DBT is a bit of a slow responder while editing.  We're working on a new
editor, and so hope to improve this dramatically at some point.

Unfortunately, DBT 10.6 will be incrementally slower than some earlier
versions, if for no other reason than that it records information used to
Undo each keystroke as you type.  In other words, DBT 10.6 is in some sense
doing twice the work that DBT 10.5 was doing.

Best Regards,

Peter