[duxhelp] Re: Shortcut preferences

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:40:48 +0100

Regrettably, adding a colon to the Shortcut Preferences dialog does not appear
to work in the Autobuild.  However.....

In addition to the problem of failing to announce some dialog Text Box Titles,
I have noticed that there is an additional problem which could potentially have
a knock on effect for screen readers.

You may notice that is some dialogs, while tabbing around places focus in a
field, and any text in that field is highlighted as expected, when you tab to
the next field, the text remains highlighted, in addition to highlighting the
current focused field.  This in a dialog with a number of text fields, all the
fields become highlighted as you tab round the dialog.

I have reported this to Peter, and his response follows.  In short, he's on to
it!

"These three dialogs and some others use a custom control, which can mix text
and box-encased codes.  The custom control clearly has an error.  Ref #1096
(new)."

George Bell.