[duxhelp] Re: Scentific notebook

  • From: "David Spybey" <dspybey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 15:39:34 +0100

Peter
Unless there is a global search and replace in
Duxbury that will deal with this problem it is
probably easier to remove the tag in Scientific
Notebook as 'delete' infront of the 'displayed
equation' makes it ok.

David
From:                   "Peter Sullivan"
<peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:                     <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:                [duxhelp] Re: Scentific notebook
Date sent:              Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:10:33 -0400
Send reply to:          duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

David,

DBT will have the same problem in just about any mathematics code.  This is
because, after import, we are missing [ts] and [te] codes to tell the
translator that the text represents a mathematics expression, rather than
ordinary text.

You can fix this after import, of course.  However, it should also be
possible to fix the underlying problem in the importer.  I've filed it with
reference #1109.

Thanks for the sample file.  It makes the problem quite simple to
understand.