[duxhelp] Re: Request for input on DBT installation

  • From: "Jack Maartman" <jmaartman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:46:54 -0700

Hi David:

I'd love a copy of the program.  I'd hazard a guess, albeit off the wall,
that you might contact the Italian Braille authority, or it's equivalent.

Highly interested in your assertion about the Blazie notetakers. As one who
works exclusively with eight-dot braille, you can't represent all 256
eight-dot braille patterns, on an "FSnotetaker, and what gets left out is
arbitrary, or so it would seem.

By the way, and you should probably reply off list, how does Megadots handle
this. I know nothing about it, got a research license from Duxbury, and
don't own an embosser, but for a long time I have been interested in
Megadots.  When Joe gave me the license, I didn't have the temerity to ask
for the bundle.  Sorry for taking up list time with this one.

Cheers
Jack

jmaartman@xxxxxxxxxxx