[duxhelp] Re: Removing the slsService

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 10:56:53 -0400

Michael,

To uninstall the service:

net stop slsService
slsService -u

-u is for "uninstall".

This is done for you by the DBT removal process.  (But I understand why you
weren't using the software removal process.)  Unfortunately, the answer to
your more detailed question is "I don't know".  I will go out on a limb and
guess that removing any beta will stop and remove slsService included with
any beta.  In other words, you've probably just pointed out a flaw in my
earlier advice.

For what it's worth, there's no need to switch slsService off in on
directory and on in the other.  They are the same program and operate on the
same files regardless.