[duxhelp] Re: Questions to set up a TIGER PRO

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:31:49 -0600

Yes, I was just looking up an earlier document I wrote. Here is the information on the Tiger Embossers:

Driving the Tiger Embossers from DBT 10.5 from Duxbury Systems

Duxbury Systems has made its best efforts to make the driver for the Tiger Embosser as automatic as possible. But we are aware that systems, software, and customer requirements may change, so we have made it possible to make adjustments by using the registry. The decision to use single sided vs. interpoint is done by direct access to the Tiger .ini file. If this does not work, it is because the name of this file was changed by ViewPlus.

Here is a basic introduction to the registry: <http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/registry>http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/registry

To start the registry editor, click on the Start Menu, select Run, and then type regedit <Enter>

Click on the plus sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Click on the plus sign next to SOFTWARE
Click on the plus sign next to Duxbury Systems, Inc
Click on the plus sign next to Embosser
If there is no key called Tiger, right click on Embosser, then select New, then select Key. Change the name of the key to Tiger

If your concern is the font name, right click on Tiger, then select New, then select String Value. Change the name of the string to braille_font_name.
Right click on braille_font_name and set the value to the Braille font on your system you want DBT 10.5 to be using.

Without this procedure, DBT will try to use the font Braille29Ascii

You can also create the following DWORD data (DWORD data just means a number)

braille_font_size Use 10 times the desired font size. The default is 290 (i.e. for 29 points)
magic_85 Use the internal code for 8.5 inch wide paper. The default is 263.
magic_115 Use the internal cod for 11.5 inch wide paper. The default is 131

For programmer types, here is the same information in a more condensed form:

key is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Duxbury Systems, Inc.\Embosser\Tiger
default values are:
braille_font_name = Braille29Ascii
braille_font_size = 290 (units are tenths of a point, so this is 29 points)
magic_85 263 Magic number for 8.5 by 11 inch paper in the Tiger driver (if Tiger driver changes, this will mess up)
magic_115 131 Magic number for 11.5 by 11 inch paper in the Tiger driver (if Tiger driver changes, this will mess up)

At 11:25 AM 12/10/2004, you wrote:
Hello all,
I have to set up a Tiger Pro from ViewPlus with DBT 10.5 and I encounter a
problem when I emboss: the text is printed with "normal characters", I mean
in Courier font, not in Braille...
To get braille characters, I must PRINT (not EMBOSS) the text, so the
Braille font is used, but it is not what I want.
I have installed the last version of the driver, and I notice that when I
use the translator that VIEWPLUS offers (that is a DBT-based translator),
the result is quite good, using the DBT braille fofnt.
Do you have informations and experiences with this printer?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Pascale.

* * * * This message is via list duxhelp at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * *