[duxhelp] Re: Not getting voice while reading

  • From: "Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press" <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 12:38:10 -1000

Aloha Caryn,
Thanks ever so much!! It worked and I am back in business. I understand why you removed it, but we find that hearing the speech while editing really helps to speed up the process and we catch items that might be missed otherwise. I recommend that we put it back in since it has always been there and I know of at least 16 people who will have to add it.
Betsy
At 11:19 AM 1/4/2007, you wrote:
Hello Betsy.  I removed those special BrailleNote keystrokes from the
keyboard manager file for DBT.  But I'm hearing a strong call from you for
putting them back in.  The main reason that I took them out is that I
thought that they were there only because of my own use of the BrailleNote.

For now, I think I can help you to recover that functionality.  You need to
add the thumb key keystrokes in the JAWS keyboard manager.

From DBT, press Insert+F2 K <Enter>.  Press Tab to enter the list of
keystrokes for DBT.  Find the entry for SayNextLineOfText.  Go to the
Actions menu and use the Add keystroke command.  Where the dialog asks for
the keystroke, press the right thumb key on the BrailleNote.  Then press OK.
Similarly, for the SayPriorLineOfText keystroke, add the keystroke of the
BrailleNote's left thumb key.

The text that will be added to the file dbtw.jkm is:

[brlnote Keys]
Braille F3=SayNextLineOfText
Braille F2=SayPriorLineOfText

Sincerely,