[duxhelp] Re: Lines per page and more flexible settings

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:46:32 -0500

David:

what embosser(s) are you using?

Are you saying that you can get 30 lines on a Thiel Bets X3?

What about any other embosser models that you use?

-- David Holladay

At 02:29 AM 6/21/2006, you wrote:
David

On our 13 inch paper we have settings of
38 characters per line
30 lines per page

However I think that you could squeeze 40 characters on a line and 31
lines on a page but this would not allow for any left hand margin for
binding and at 31 lines per page the set up of the embosser would have
to be very accurate to make sure that the extra line did not go over the
edge of the page. (Our machines are used by multiple users so we find it
better to have a default that has a built in tolerance.)

Although I usually emboss my material on a Thiel X3 there could be the
odd time when I use one of our other embossers. As I teach Mathematics
the formatting of pages can be crucial and I do not create my Duxbury
files with any particular embosser set, but have it set to a "generic"
or "no target embosser". So I would appreciate 13 inch paper built into
these embosser settings as well.

For my use it is important that the (38,30) set up I have created my
documents in is not changed by the person who embosses my file.

Under 10.5 the "no target embosser" seems more flexible in being able to
set any parameters for the line length and lines per page. 10.6 is less
flexible and seems to restrict these settings to certain page sizes.

David Spybey

-----Original Message----- From: duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:duxhelp-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Holladay Sent: 20 June 2006 20:25 To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [duxhelp] Lines per page

David Spybey and others have expressed concern about the variety of form

sizes built into DBT 10.6. David Spybey likes to use 13 inch paper. He
would like to see 13 inch paper built into more embossers.

We would like to do this.

If you know the maximum number of lines per page that you can get on
your
embosser on 13 inch paper, please e-mail me directly at david@xxxxxxxxxx

-- David Holladay

* * * * This message is via list duxhelp at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * * * * * * This message is via list duxhelp at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * *