[duxhelp] Re: Interpoint Column Wasting

  • From: "albertm13@xxxxxxxx" <albertm13@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:45:40 GMT

Hi,

I think this is a problem with my Juliet because the braille output file looks
fine but the backside is off to the right (looking at the front) by one
character.

The Juliet is hooked up to my parallel port and I'm pretty sure I have all the
settings correct and I'm not using escape codes.  My Juliet is new and its
firmware version is 6.38b.  I'm going to ask Enabling Technologies about this.

Thanks,
Albert

-- "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Albert,

Checking "Allow Escape Codes" will change "Send to Printer:" to "Write to
Port:".  This is a known design flaw that we haven't had an opportunity to
fix.

But, if you change back to "Send to Printer:" all should be well.

The larger problem seems to be that we aren't driving this particular Juliet
Pro 60 properly.  Please let us know what firmware version you're using and
send a .dxp and .ebt (print-to-disk) file pair, off-list if you prefer.
Mark and I can take it from there.