[duxhelp] Re: Global and Document Embosser and Printer Setup

  • From: "Christian Coudert" <ch.coudert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:33:23 +0200

Hello George:

Thanks for all these useful explanations.

But I'll now explain one of my most frequent usage; and if I'm right I have to
define a template to use one of my two usual configurations.

1st embosser setup:
Index Everest-D
30 cells per line
27 lines per page
Top margin 1.

2st embosser setup:
AVH Printing Department
Characters per line: 28
(all other settings are identical to the 1st embosser setup).

I was persuaded (before Peter's explanation) that I was able to set all these
settings only in the main dialog. But whenever I chose one of these two
embossers, I lost the size of the page and the top margin.
Then I ghought (before Peter's explanation) that I had to define my settings in
Document: Embosser setup, instead of Global: Embosser setup. The result was
similar: whenever I switched from one embosser to the other one, the mentioned
line lenght was never 30 or 28 cells.

For me this behaviour does not appear quite logical -- according to my needs. If
for my document A I wish 30 cells and for my document B 28 cells, the only way
to define this is to create two templates. I would have been pleased to be able
to choose my number of cells without using a template but only using an Embosser
Setup.

So for your documentation, I think it will be very useful to explain these
features.

Thanks for your job!

Best wishes.

Christian