[duxhelp] Re: Four suggestions about DBT Win V10.6

  • From: "Caryn Navy" <caryn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 16:52:02 -0400

Hello Amir.  Your points about JAWS are both good ones.  In fact, with DBT 10.6
beta 5 and JAWS 6.10, using the JAWS version keystroke made JAWS crash for me.
With different versions of JAWS or different versions of DBT, I got the same
result that you report of having JAWS say only, "Version."

I've just set up a script function to have JAWS announce whether you're turning
6-key entry on or off when you press F2.  I think that's a reasonable aproach,
since the sighted user can see either "keys:6" or "keys:1" on the status line.

Sincerely,
Caryn