[duxhelp] Re: Embosser setup confusion

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 15:00:54 -0400

Ian,

The confusion of course may be alleviated.  I pose the following questions:

1. When a New configuration is created, should it be selected in the list
automatically?
2. When a configuration is deleted, should another configuration be
selected?  If so, which?
3. Should configuration changes be made permanent even if Cancel is used in
the "Global, Embosser Setup" or "Document, Embosser Setup" dialog?

On that third question, I urge caution before jumping in with a "Yes".  The
reason that I urge caution is that making the configuration changes
permanent, while rejecting other changes in the dialog, could leave us with
the choice of having DBT issue a "This won't fit" warning when Cancel is
used for the dialog or having DBT ignore the "This won't fit" message until
a document is embossed.  In either case, if a configuration change results
in a "This won't fit" situation, the user who Cancels out of the outermost
dialog may be confused by this.