[duxhelp] Default Templates

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 13:40:59 -0400

Beta Testers,

One of the installer improvements I alluded to in the beta 9 announcement is
the selection of an appropriate default template for new users, based on the
computer's location and (optionally) the language in which Windows is
running.

I've used this so far only in a very limited way.  The "Russian - no
capitals" template is selected for all new users in Russian, Belarus, and
Ukraine.  The "Francais (Quebec) - standard" template is selected for all US
& Canadian users with Windows running in French.  (The intent is to target
this template toward Quebec.)

I know that Christian had at one time requested some additional mappings,
but these have been lost in the e-mail pile.  Moreover, I would like to hear
from anybody else now who has a default template mapping.  If you know the
international dialing code (e.g. +44 for the UK) for the locale you have in
mind, please include that, as this will save me a little time.

Best Regards,

Peter