[duxhelp] DBT 10.6 Beta Questionaire

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Peter Sullivan'" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:51:46 -0400

Beta Testers,

Thanks largely to all of your feedback, we do believe that DBT 10.6 is
essentially ready-to-ship, though we'll hold off final decision on that for
at least a week.  Please have a look at RC2, now on the beta website.

Please also take the time to answer the following questions.  You can send
your responses directly to me: peter@xxxxxxxxxxx

Your reponses will aid us in estimating the actual coverage we achieved
during beta test.  None of the following questions need to be answered in
great detail, thoroughness, or precision.

Just give us your best quick answers.

1. Which operating systems did you use?

2. Did you do a network installation?

3. What non-English tables did you use?

4. What Duxbury-supplied templates did you use?

5. What interface language (Global/Internationalization.) did you use with
DBT?   Did you use a screen reading program? If so, which program (and
version) is it? (JAWS, Window-Eyes, other)

6. If you use a screen reading program, did you use speech, refreshable
Braille, or both?

7. Which embosser(s) did you use?   How was it connected (serial, parallel,
USB, network, or other)?  Was a special driver was used?

8. Did you produce Braille primarily for yourself or primarily for others?

9. Do you use Word or WordPerfect (which)?  Do you use SWIFT?

10. What formats did you import (Word, WordPerfect, XML, SGML, HTML, TeX,
LaTeX, other)?