[duxhelp] DBT 10.5

  • From: Christine Simpson <simpsonc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 17:38:05 +1000

        Hi All,

I have today downloaded 10.5 (build 4) and am very pleased to see that many of the problems experienced with earlier builds have now been corrected.

As I was complaining loudly about the faults in the find and replace, the searching for bullets, the way braille was displayed on the braille display and the compinline codes, they have been some of the first things I have tried out and: so far so good, I now cannot fault them but will keep testing (just in case those gremlins find their way back in)!

However, George, I am still finding that when in Word and when trying to use the SWIFT program to open for editing a file in DBT, it still always opens version 10.4. Do I have to do anything special or is this still just a bug to be fixed.

By the way, I read with interest your help notes descriptions of codes and styles which you posted to the dux-user list yesterday. I thought you did a good job (particularly once you added the postscript about nested styles) in explaining concepts which some people seem to find extremely difficult to grasp. Fortunately, I have never been one of those people. I am a firm believer in using styles and believe I have a good understanding of their purpose. It is great to be able to so easily set up specific styles for specific tasks.

Keep up your good work with the help documentation. and I hope you can offer a solution to correct the SWIFT problem.

Regards and thanks

Christine

* * * * *
Christine Simpson