[duxhelp] Re: Compinline codes

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:44:46 +0100

I'll second Peter's modesty about improvements in
DBT's HTML importer.  Indeed it will be more than
interesting to see how it handles embossing its
own Help topics when put to the ultimate test -
real users.

I had to do a very, very quick translate of a
nasty web page today - I was surprised how little
tidying up I had to do.

Of Peter Sullivan
> Sent: 21 July 2004 15:41
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Compinline codes
>
> Jack,
>
> I don't consider HTML to be DBT's forte either;
it's gotten
> better with this release, but we really do need
to rewrite
> that part of the product in order to work with
modern HTML,
> which includes many things we didn't find when
we first wrote
> the importer.

Of Jack Maartman
> Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 8:11 PM
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Compinline codes
>
> I May be off the wall here, but html has never
really worked
> well under dbt.
> SGML does fine, I think.
>
> Jack

regarding underlining
> Hyperlinks in computer braille?  Does ANY
country demand that
> they show the underlining?
> My humble guess is that it is neither required
nor wanted.

> Of course the simple answer might be for Duxbury
to create an
> actual Hyperlink Style in DBT, and map Word's
Hyperlink Style
> accordingly.
>
> This would perhaps make more sense anyway, and
be somewhat
> more intuitive to anyone looking at Styles in
DBT.

> George.

Of Christine Simpson
> Sent: 20 July 2004 23:05
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: Compinline codes
>
> Susan, I understand what you are saying in
response to my
should need
> to be altering the Word hyperlink style.
>
> Surely, DBT can be programmed to ignore the
underlining of
> hyperlink text when the text is within DBT set
in the
> compinline codes.  By doing as you suggest and
changing the
> hyperlink style within the Word template would
affect the
> visual look of all word documents and to my
mind, this would
> be completely unsatisfactory.
>
> I hope this makes sense to programmers like
Peter and Jo.  I
> will be interested to hear your responses.
>
> Kind regards
>
> Christine
>

> At 12:49 AM 7/21/04, you wrote:
> >DBT is honoring the Word Hyperlink style, which
> is underlined (but as
> >Christine has said, you don't want the dots 4-6
> in braille).
> >
> >You can modify Word's Hyperlink by removing the
> underlining. You can
> >also change the font to Courier New (if you
have
> your Word importer set
> >up that way), but in reality DBT doesn't even
> need that for the
> >Hyperlink style. If you want the Word Hyperlink
> style to be permanently
> >changed for all future documents, make sure you
> check "Add to template"
> >after you are done modifying Hyperlink.
> >
> >Susan
> >
> >Christine Simpson wrote on 7/20/2004, 5:42 AM:
> >
> >           Hi All,
> >
> >I have been trying out the "compinline" code
and
> believe that there
> >still may be an error with it.
> >
> >Some weeks ago I raised the concern about how
it