[duxhelp] Re: British 1st of May and italics

  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:12:01 -0000

Two other issues have been pointed out to me.

The first is that in the British translation

1st of May

does not come out correctly from a WORD document as the ST contraction
is not used.

The error only occurs when in WORD the Autoformat is set to make
ordinals superscripts. However, as this is the normal method of writing
ordinals it is an issue.

The second issue is that there is a problem with sentences in italics.

I think that both of these are shown in the following ascii where the
first '1st of May' is with the st as a superscript and the second is
not. They are both in italics with a gap of ordinary text between. The
italic signing is quite different.

..#ast ( ,may.'
,&a gap
.#a/ .( .,may