[duxhelp] Re: Bolding, underlining, italics etc

  • From: Rick.Roderick@xxxxxx
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:46:28 -0400

Hi Dave,

II think that much could be done to make this situation easier.  MegaDots
has some ways of handling these things that might be a possibility.  It
allows these kinds of codes to be suppressed, as well as allowing other to
be displayed.  These thing are user-definable.

In most cases, I don't want to see boldface.  I want the ability to
automatically suppress it in those situations in which it is used for fonts
or for titles.  I hate it when I get documents in which every paragraph is
bolded, and I have to do a search and replace to remove all  occurrences.
Could DBT be set to have a way of separating bolding from a boldface font in
Word?

Second, could some ofsome configuribility be built into the Word importer?
How about show bold, unnderlining, and italics, etc. or not with checkboxes
beside each one?

Another possibility would be to also have radio buttons to show each
different kinds emphasis for each punctuation.

I realize these possibilities may go beyond the scope of the current beta.