[duxhelp] Re: Beta 9 has been posted

  • From: "JAN CARROLL" <jcarroll@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 08:55:01 -0400

I was able to download successfully and have installed today.  I am a
bit behind but getting there.  I set all my global options and I was
excited to see all of the great features there.

I was wondering when the help component for the BANA 2006 Template
would be available?  I did not see it in help unless I am not looking in
the right place.

How is the NIMAS portion of 10.6 coming along?  I have access to
practice files and would like to help out with testing some of these?

Keep up the good work!!!!

Jan Carroll
Contract Administration Manager
American Printing House f/the Blind
1839 Frankfort Avenue
Louisville, KY 40206-0085
800-223-1839 Ext. 302
Fax: 502-899-2284
Email: jcarroll@xxxxxxx

>>> peter@xxxxxxxxxx 6/9/2006 1:34:28 PM >>>
Beta Testers,

Beta 9 -- which we expect to be the last beta for DBT 10.6 -- has just
been
posted.  There is an extensive list of changes included with the new
build,
which you'll find at
http://partners.duxburysystems.com/beta.asp?product=dbt.

If you remove earlier copies of DBT beta software -- or rather, when
you do
-- even if you wait until after the beta period is over, you will
probably
get an error deactivating.  Please don't worry about that, or report it
us.  We did have a problem (explained in the beta 9 release notes)
that
would cause this.  But the problem has now been resolved, and so won't
recur
once you've activated with beta 9 or newer.  Moreover, the earlier
activations won't "count against" you.

There remains before release:
- Some translation work,
- Some work on the installer,
- Some work on templates, and
- Reorganization of the online help.

In addition, we'll work to address any "show-stopper" issues that you
find.
I do encourage you to continue to report any and all issues you find,
but
please bear in mind that we will now be deferring corrections to all
but the
most serious problems.

Thanks again for all your help.

Best Regards,