[duxhelp] Re: 26 lines or more

  • From: WarrenDFig@xxxxxxx
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:54:03 EDT

In a message dated 8/11/2004 9:35:08 AM Central Standard Time,
peter@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
You have been requesting a variable page size feature for years, and we've
heard you.  Chances are that we will get to it at some point, but it's
impossible to say when.  New requests for features and fixes come in all the
time, and often the new ones are more urgent that older requests, so I never
like to prognosticate based only on the requests we've heard to date.
For what it's worth, what Jan wants is currently possible with MegaDots and I
send this because I know some folks have access to both programs.

If you wanted to sneak in a line 26 now and then, here's the way to do it.
Set up your plate embosser for 26 rather than 25 lines.

Then open the document in question and at the top of the file,
Go to Document--Braille Document Setup--Embosser and name the plate embosser
you wish to use.
Go to Document--Braille Section Layout--Bottom Margin and enter 25.
When you wish to have a page with 26 lines find the top of that page.
Go to Document--Braille Section Layout--Bottom Margin and enter 26
Go to the beginning of the next page and reset the Bottom Margin to 25 and
you're in business.

Warren