[duxhelp] Re: 26 lines or more

  • From: "JAN CARROLL" <jcarroll@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:10:31 -0400

Yes George you got it!!!!

Jan Carroll
Contract Administration Manager
American Printing House f/the Blind
1839 Frankfort Avenue
Louisville, KY 40206-0085
Phone: 800-223-1839
Fax: 502-899-2284
Email: jcarroll@xxxxxxx

>>> george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 8/11/2004 10:16:58 AM >>>
Hi David,

What it amounts to is this.

You prepare a long complex document at 25 lines
per page, emboss it, and archive it away.

Later, someone comes along and makes a minor
change resulting in an extra line being created.

The net result is a domino effect - or worse - as
everything gets pushed forward by one line onto
the next page.  In short, your pagination goes out
to lunch.

So, if it is physically possible, which it usually
is, the ideal solution is to make ONLY THAT ONE
CHANGED PAGE ONLY go to 26 lines, but leave the
remainder of the document at 25 lines.

Of David Holladay
> Sent: 11 August 2004 15:57
> To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxhelp] Re: 26 lines or more
>
> Could you explain this again?
>
> How many lines do you want in your braille? Are
you getting
> that number of lines? If not, what is your
braille output?
> Is this a problem between interpoint or single
sided?

> -- David Holladay
>

> At 09:40 AM 8/11/2004 -0400, you wrote:
> >Is it my imagination for what.  I just did an
entire
> document using 26
> lines in duxbury.  I set it up under document
embosser set
> up.  It did the entire 6 page document that way.
Is there
> any way to have this option for one page only in
the future.
> My embosser is set up for the ET Braille
Express.  We have
> been wanting to be able to emboss on the 26th
line here for
> several years to accomodate changes on one page
in a document
> that runs it over to the 26th line.  Do you have
any
> suggestions for this?
> >

> >Jan Carroll
> >Contract Administration Manager
> >American Printing House f/the Blind
> >1839 Frankfort Avenue
> >Louisville, KY 40206-0085
> >Phone: 800-223-1839
> >Fax: 502-899-2284
> >Email: jcarroll@xxxxxxx
> >

> >* * *
> >* This message is via list duxhelp at
freelists.org.
<duxhelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also
> >* subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode
and other
> subscription
> >* options by visiting //www.freelists.org.
The list archive