[dungeoncrawl] Re: the Two Towers

  • From: "widderslainte" <widderslainte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:13:42 -0500

I've heard it's more like 3.1 or 3.25.  If you waste time (like I do) on
online message boards, you hear people complaining about the same stuff:
rangers, bards, harm, haste, CR's, attacks of opportunity.  The official
3rd Edition FAQ/Errata document is like 85 pages long.  Between Star
Wars, Cthulhu d20, and d20 modern, some of the descriptions and
explanations of rules are "better".  I think they also pillaged a few of
the non-WotC d20 products for ideas.  I think they may change the Ranger
to allow something like the d20 Modern 'talent trees'.  The other rumour
I've heard is they're changing the negative hp stabilization check to
some sort of fortitude save instead of a straight percentage.
Supposedly the core books are due for a new print run this summer
anyways, so they felt it was a good idea.

Monte Cook is doing something similar, but with completely different
core classes and races.

S.