[dungeoncrawl] Re: Tuesday morning review

  • From: "Robert Deibler" <rdeibler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:05:40 -0500

I totally agree, Especially on the one about massive damage, It always amazed
me that characters take hundreds of points of damage and keep on ticket the
next day, no broken bones so swollen eyes, Healing spells I think are over
rated. Characters could get broken bones taht limited there abilities and yes
healing can help but would it take away the affects of  taking 75 points just
like that and bam where back in the fight, Heal the spell yes cure spells in my
opinion no. I believe a character should be shaken or severally limited of they
take 90% + of there hit points, not down just shaken (- to hits things like
that) I would alos like to suggest encumbrence and equipment The last time I
played not to many people took noticed to that area, is it the same.. Weight
affects climbing and other skills teh same with armor. When Matt climbed in his
armor he would have had a major disadvantage. Hoe about spell components and
clreical spell focus items.

One last observation on my part will be on food, water and appreance. We are
under teh ground in an unknown world where are we getting our food from and our
water, Our characters must alos be looking like crap by know, equipment might
alos be running pretty ragged from use. things like that add a bit of reality
and a bit of suspense. Right now I don't feel like we are ina  rush to get out
of teh underdark for any other reason beside we don't like it. technically we
could just hang out and wait for something to go by. Now if our food source and
water source were running out then ouch we best get moving.. (Some of these
suggestions can over burden a DM with little details but add some extra non
combat problems to characters)