[dungeoncrawl] Tuesday morning review

  • From: Johnathan Detrick <jdetrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Riders II <dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 10:22:26 -0500

Synopsis:
    After the battle last time with the driders, the Sigil was
discussing the need for leadership.  During the discussion, Erebus
appeared in an illusionary form.  Apparently it was difficult and
painful for him to manifest, but he was able to inform the group that
they were not on Toril.  He also told them that the menace they had been
formed to defeat was on the same plane they were.  Before more could be
revealed, Erebus appeared to shrivel up and implode into a pile of
leaves.  Those leaves then formed into the visage of the god Fenrys, who
seized Kage, removing his powers as a cleric, and restoring him to a
druid.
    Somewhat startled, the party decided to continue on their way to the
ilithid camp, hoping to learn more about how to reach the surface, as
well as information on Lo Pan, who appeared to be worshipped on this
world as a deity.  Elizabeth had found some charts and notes in the
captain's cabin on board the ship the Sigil had used when they first
appeared on this world, which suggested that the people on the ship had
also been followers of Lo Pan.  Deciding he was the menace the group had
been created to destroy, they needed to learn all they could about him.
    The group continued through the caverns, until they reached a side
cavern.  Tori, Neiris and Kage decided to quickly scout it out, while
the others continued.  They found a series of rooms, connected
vertically by holes in the floors and ceilings.  Kage explored them,
only to encounter a beholder.  Fleeing, he engaged some of the
beholder's minions in combat, and he managed to defeat them, with the
help of Tori and Neiris.  Soon the party was reunited.

    I don't know that discussing last night in great detail is
necessary, or that anyone really wants to.  In my opinion, it was
certainly the worst night we have had since we started playing the Sigil
again, and possibly the worst night we have ever had playing the Sigil
(and I'm not exaggerating).  For me, it boils down to one sentence; I
could have not shown up last night, and it would have made no
difference.  I tried to role-play with the group, and was totally
ignored (except for Bobby; thank you for role-playing with me), and of
course, I sat and did nothing for the final 70 minutes, while everyone
else fought the beholder's minions.
    To be fair, Matt and Damon weren't feeling well.  But it was a
depressing night for me.  I was in a great mood all day long, so it was
quite a letdown for me.
    If anyone wishes to discuss last night, please let me know.
Otherwise, I'm going to leave it at, "It sucked", and walk away.