[dungeoncrawl] Re: Thursday Morning Review

  • From: Damon Kline <damon.kline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:12:49 -0400

Ah, where to begin?  I had a very good time last night.  I thought that the
roleplaying we did was a lot of fun and even when I wasn't roleplaying, it
was entertaining to watch the other situations develope.  I particularly
liked how Jim kept Mylena's attitude and appearance changing as the evening
went on and she kept getting beat up.  It was neat to see all of the
characters together again, but also knowing that they were going to be apart
again almost immediately.

My only criticism of the night was the amount of individual roleplaying that
we did.  Again.  We seem to have hit a stride where we have done a lot of
individual roleplaying for a few weeks in a row now.  It certainly has its
place and last night it was pretty much necessary, due to the fact that all
of the characters were on their own.  However, I think that it makes it hard
to establish a mood, because two out of the three players aren't involved in
the game at any one time.  It also can be a bit boring for the two who
aren't involved, because they don't have anything to do.  So that is my
criticism of the night.

Having said that, I think that now that we have the characters assembled
into groups, we shouldn't run into that again any time soon.  The
lower-level group is together and on a mission, as is the higher-level
group.  So, I very much look forward to the next session, where we will see
the characters acting together and coming closer to achieving their goals.

I'm happy with the two characters that are in the high-level group.  It
makes sense because Quasit does not want to go back to that ship and Baish
wants to hurry up and get to the power!  It also makes sense that Dove isn't
going, because she feels like she needs to get over her obsession with
helping her sister and get on to other things.  So, she believes this
mission to help Marnie will be beneficial both for Marnie and for herself.

I bumped Quasit up to 13th level last night, which took all of about 2
minutes.  I had already rolled hit points for him before.  He got no bonus
to hit or saves.  He got no feats or ability score raises.  He did get 7 new
skill points and he got an extra 4th level spell and the ability to cast a
7th level spell.  I tweaked his spell list a bit, but I want to go over it
more before I play him again.

So, a good night was had and I look forward to next week!