[dungeoncrawl] Re: The Gods of Hope

  • From: Johnathan Detrick <jdetrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 14:33:13 -0400

    Look below.

   * Shelensia(Lesser) - CG, Acceptance, Love, Tolerance  (Perfect!)
   * Ambrosia(Lesser) - CG, Freedom, Passion, Creativity (Again, a nice
     portfolio).
   * Waleed(Lesser) - CG, Commerce, Generosity, Wealth (This is a nice
     fit for Waleed).
   * Nelik(Lesser) - CG, humor, mischief, luck  (Even though this was
     not Keith's original intent for Nelik, I think it fits the
     character very well.  Yes, he was a thief, and a good one.  But
     that's not why anyone remembers him.  We remember him for his
     jokes, his pranks, his mischief, and his luck.  Especially if we go
     with the theory that stories kept him alive in the minds of
     halflings, I think we should go with his personality here.
   * Saurotte (Lesser) - CG, Athletic Games, Travel (It seemed that
     Saurotte fit better here.  I changed his portfolio a tad, but these
     are the sort of things that Hermes was involved with, and it seemed
     to fit for Saurotte.  I thought it was worth a try.

    My biggest problem?  Every freaking deity here is CG!  What kind of
message is that for this world?  We need to find some non-chaotic good
deities for this group.  Obviously, I think that good deities make the
most sense (there is little hope in evil) but can't we find someone that
isn't chaotic good?  Suggestions?