[dungeoncrawl] Rules trivia and IMAX

  • From: Johnathan Detrick <jdetrick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Riders II <dungeoncrawl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:12:27 -0400

Guys,
    Two short topics, one e-mail.

    Attack of the Clones comes out on IMAX next Friday.  From what I
have been able to determine (on the official IMAX website), the only
place in PA to get it is Pittsburgh, and the closest place is the IMAX
theater at the Smithsonian.  I'm guessing we probably won't be able to
get a group to go see it, but if anyone is interested, let me know.

    I've been reading some of the rulebooks recently.  I'm usually
interested in rules if they are well written.  I'm always looking for DM
ideas (even though I won't be DMing for a while).  I'm also looking for
ideas for new characters, and I'm also checking out ideas for our new
world.
    Anyway, is anybody aware that magical spells where you have to roll
to hit, can get critical hits just like a weapon attack?  That's right,
according to third edition, if you roll a 20 on your Shocking Grasp and
then hit again, it does double damage.  In fact, you can take Improved
Critical with one type of magic spell (like all touch attacks) and
double the threat range, just like a weapon.
    Thought that was interesting.
    John